Interview by Sonia Staali
Meet Ivania, a fashion blogger from Netherlands that has her own vision of fashion. She makes us discover new designers, her fashion finds, her sleeks looks and original DIY. Welcome to her universe.
– What led you to write about fashion industry ?
Fashion is amazingly interesting, besides it being all about individuality, self expression, creativity, it is the mirror of society.
– In this blogosphere, you can find a lot of fashion blogs. How do you think yours stand out from others?
I try to make as much content myself as possible and really put all my personality and identity in everything I blog about.
It has grown to become something very personal and close to myself and as everyone is different, so is their blog right?
– Where do you find your inspiration ?
From my favorite designers off course, but also from vintage or thrifted finds.
Problems are also a great inspiration source; can’t find the perfect bag? then I have to make it myself.
– Wich is your favorite designer and why ?
Each season some collections turn out better than others, so it varies per season, it’s impossible to pick only one!
Among my favorite designers are: Johnny Johansson, Alexander Wang, Nicholas Ghesquiere, Raf Simons, Helmut Lang, Martin Margiela, oh I can’t stop!
At the moment I’m working for the Dutch label Land, and work very closely with the head designer and founder Linda Erkens. She is one of the most visionary people I’ve ever met, incredibly inspiring!
– Is there a favourite piece of clothing you have done yourself, if so what is it ?
It’s really rewarding to wear something you’ve made yourself, because you put so much love and effort in it.
– What do you do when you are not blogging ?
Read a lot of fashion articles, hang out with my 5 year old daughter, work at Land, make stuff, go thrifting.
– Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully still blogging! And working on productions for online fashion media.