Want your work featured in Flanelle Magazine? All submission guidelines can be found below.
The readers of Flanelle are interested in the context of your photographs so please provide us with a title for your shoot and all information about the team you worked with. ALL pertinent information is important, how you submit it is how we will publish it. Some very nice essays or singles are on “hold” because there is very little to no information. It isn’t possible for us to reply to each and every email sent. However, if we do choose your editorial or essay, we will send you a confirmation email in advance letting you know when it will be published and if it has been selected for the website or magazine! Your photographs can be a past photo series or personal editorial project as long as they have not yet been published. When an editorial is submitted and accepted with all images and credits sent in layout, it is not possible to un-submit it.
If you would like to shoot an editorial specifically for the magazine you can do that too. Just send us your strongest work or a link to your personal portfolio and we will review it. If we like your work we will collaborate with you and plan a shoot for a spot in the magazine!
** If you would like your web editorial to be seen before the others and have a definite answer and feedback within about 48 hours, or if you would like to submit for cover review for print, simply send your editorials through Kavyar services. Your accepted editorial will be published within 2 to 5 months. If you would like to be published in 2 to 4 weeks, please pick expedited publishing.**
WEB SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Keep in mind because of the number of editorials we receive, we can not answer to each and every one of you, unfortunately. If you have not been answered in 12 days, this most likely means that your editorial was not accepted.
There should be a minimum of 6-8 photos. Editorials must be unpublished and exclusive with different outfits.
- Send your editorial in PDF formats first. Wetransfer emails will not be opened. Two ways to submit when your editorial is approved; individually or diptychs
When approved :
- Your editorial photos should all be sent at 1200px on the longest side, 96 dpi. The covers choices at 2048px (read more below)
- All clothing credits have to be written on images because images will be published as is. A title and team credits images can be put in the editorial if wanted.
- Please include two or three 2048px wide horizontal images without any credits with the name ” Cover1, Cover2, … ” to give us a choice of cover pictures for the front page and the top of your page.
- Send a Word Document with the title, the team credits and website/ Instagram URL. Double check all URLs and names with the team as it will not be changed afterward.
- You can send your final web images in a zip file or send us a dropbox link to the files. Do not share the dropbox folder.
1. Individuals : Send individual images to us with the credits on top. Don’t forget to send us a titled image. click here for an example
Your photo set should include 8 to 15 photographs. Send them as PDF file first with the PRINT mention in the subject so we know that you are applying for print. Make sure you know of our print theme ( see below )
When your editorial is approved, you will be asked to send the full sized 240-300 dpi (minimum) photos. Any smaller format will only be considered for the website. Editorials must be unpublished and exclusive. Include credentials for the whole team along with a title for your editorial in a .doc.
Please email your submissions to email@example.com ONLY
Your articles may be on the web-blog or, if extremely pertinent and strong, in the magazine. You will be asked to send the article with the information ( your name, where you wish to publish it / blog or printed / )
Remember that printed magazines are quarterly therefore your articles must be pertinent for at least 1 year from now.
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE PRINT THEMES
To know all about the new themes, please follow our Pinterest account and find the appropriate moodboard ( Look for next April or October theme )
SUMMER 2018 : Zenith Edition. Deadline is May 25.
OCTOBER 2018 : Theme Not Available Yet