Want your work featured in Flanelle Magazine?
The readers of Flanelle are interested in the context of your photographs so please provide us with a title for your shoot and all information about the team you worked with. ALL pertinent information is important, how you submit it is how we will publish it. Some very nice essays or singles are on “hold” because there is very little to no information. It isn’t possible for us to reply to each and every email sent. However, if we do choose your editorial or essay, we will send you a confirmation email in advance letting you know when it will be published and if it has been selected for the website or magazine! Your photographs can be a past photo series or personal editorial project as long as they have not yet been published. When an editorial is submitted and accepted with all images and credits sent in layout, it is not possible to un-submit it.
If you would like to shoot an editorial specifically for the magazine you can do that too. Just send us your strongest work or a link to your personal portfolio and we will review it. If we like your work we will collaborate with you and plan a shoot for a spot in the magazine
EDITORIAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
WEB Photo series.
There should be a minimum of 6-8 photos. Editorials must be unpublished and exclusive with different outfits.
When approved :
- All clothing credits have to be written on images because images will be published as is. A title and team credits images can be put in the editorial if wanted.
- Please include two or three 2048px wide horizontal images without any credits with the name to give us a choice of cover pictures for the front page and the top of your page.
- Write the title, the team credits and website/ Instagram URL. Double check all URLs and names with the team as it will not be changed afterward.
1. Individuals : Send individual images to us with the credits on top. Don’t forget to send us a titled image. click here for an example
PRINT Photo series.
Your photo set should include 8 to 15 photographs. Make sure you know of our print theme ( see below )
When your editorial is approved, you will be asked to send the full sized 240-300 dpi (minimum) photos. Any smaller format will only be considered for the website. Editorials must be unpublished and exclusive. Include credentials for the whole team along with a title for your editorial in a .doc.
WEB submissions / 48-Hours expedited publishing
FALL 2018 – The intimacy Issue Deadline August 26th
WINTER 2018-19 – Coming Soon…
SRING 19 – Coming Soon…
NEED A PULL-LETTER?
Your articles may be on the web-blog or, if extremely pertinent and strong, in the magazine. You will be asked to send the article with the information ( your name, where you wish to publish it / blog or printed / )
Remember that printed magazines are quarterly therefore your articles must be pertinent for at least 1 year from now.
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting materials you agree Flanelle’s following terms and conditions:
1. the photographer owns all the rights, including copyright, necessary to submit this Photograph to Flanelle Magazine and I understand that I am granting Flanelle the rights to use it in the following ways:
• to publish in print, online and/or in digital format
• to publish it on social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc) and on the Flanelle Magazine’s website, which shall include the Photographer’s name.
2. I consent to indemnify Flanelle against any claim, demand, action, suit, or other proceedings against Flanelle’s arising out of the use of the photograph and related to any false or inaccurate statement.
3. I grant this authorization free of charge and that Flanelle Magazine does not provide free print copies to the collaborators published in the printed issues. Flanelle, however, does provide the teams who were published with a free digital version when asked.
4. Participants who have modeled or posed in the photo have assigned all relevant rights to the photographer.
I understand that submission does not mean acceptance; and that all submissions are subjected to review.